The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will repeal the Data Protection Directive on 25 May 2018. GEANT project (GN4-2 JRA3 Task 1) is preparing a Data protection Code of Conduct for Service Providers ver 2.0 to address the GDPR and submit it to the European data protection authorities for approval.
The goal of the workshop is to
- present the second draft of the GEANT Data Protection Code of Conduct 2.0 for Service Providers and how it adresses the GDPR.
- provide an opportunity for the stakeholders to discuss and present questions on the Code of Conduct to its developers.
The intended audience is
- Research communities and other parties providing services in the research and education sector who would potentially become Service Providers using the Code of Conduct to demonstrate their compliance to the GDPR.
- Research and education federation operators who would potentially integrate the Code of Conduct to their policy framework and technical infrastructure.
- Home Organisations (such as universities or research institutions) who would potentially rely on the Code of Conduct to legitimise their release of personal data to the Service Providers.
- Data subjects (such as, researchers, teachers and students) whose personal data the Code of Conduct would protect.
The workshop is a satellite event of TIIME.
- the second draft of the GEANT Data Protection Code of Conduct 2.0 (pdf).
- an explanatory memorandum of the GEANT Data Protection Code of Conduct (Google document)
- The draft Code of Conduct is exposed to a public consultation until the 28 of February 2018.
- Please use this Google doc to provide your comments on the draft. Comments on the explanatory memorandum can be inserted directly to the document.
Date and Time
6 February 2018 at 13:30 - 18:00 CET as a satellite meeting of TIIME workshop.
14 February 2018 IAM Online Europe webinar 13.30 CET.
Technikum Wien, University of Applied Sciences Höchstädtplatz 6, A-1200 Wien, Austria.
The TIIME Room A.
For more information on the venue, see the TIIME workshop page.
Remote participation is possible although not encouraged due to the interactive nature of the workshop: https://sunet.zoom.us/j/848305591?pwd=kr10trBYH8g
The workshop is free of charge.
Lunch from the canteen (coupons available for registered participants)
|13:30||Introduction to the GEANT Code of Conduct ver 2.0 project (slides pptx)|
|13:45||GEANT Code of Conduct 2.0. (Patrick van Eecke, DLAPiper) (slides pptx)|
More information: Mikael Linden, firstname.lastname@example.org
Register here for the workshop (register also if you have registered to TIIME).