The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will repeal the Data Protection Directive on 25 May 2018. GEANT project (GN4-2 JRA3 Task 1) is preparing a Data protection Code of Conduct for Service Providers ver 2.0 to address the GDPR and submit it to the European Data Protection Board (the successor of Article 29 working party) for approval.
The goal of the workshop is to
- present the second draft of the GEANT Data Protection Code of Conduct 2.0 for Service Providers and how it adresses the GDPR.
- provide an opportunity for the stakeholders to discuss and present questions on the Code of Conduct to its developers.
The intended audience is
- Research communities and other parties providing services in the research and education sector who would potentially become Service Providers using the Code of Conduct to demonstrate their compliance to the GDPR.
- Research and education federation operators who would potentially integrate the Code of Conduct to their policy framework and technical infrastructure.
- Home Organisations (such as universities or research institutions) who would potentially rely on the Code of Conduct to legitimise their release of personal data to the Service Providers.
- Data subjects (such as, researchers, teachers and students) whose personal data the Code of Conduct would protect.
The workshop is a satellite event of TIIME.
- the second draft of the GEANT Data Protection Code of Conduct 2.0 will be published here before the workshop.
- (a working draft of the CoCo, published in 24 May 2017 (pdf).)
- The second draft of the GEANT Data Protection Code of Conduct 2.0 will be exposed to a public consultation until the end of February 2018.
Date and Time
6 February 2018 at 13:30 - 18:00 as a satellite meeting of TIIME workshop.
Technikum Wien, University of Applied Sciences Höchstädtplatz 6, A-1200 Wien, Austria.
The TIIME Room A.
For more information on the venue, see the TIIME workshop page.
The workshop is free of charge.
Lunch from the canteen (coupons available for registered participants)
|13:30||Introduction to the GEANT Code of Conduct ver 2.0 project|
|13:45||GEANT Code of Conduct 2.0. (Patrick van Eecke, DLAPiper)|
More information: Mikael Linden, email@example.com
Register here for the workshop (register also if you have registered to TIIME).