The goal of this working group is to develop high-level statements regarding the common expectations for IdPs, SPs, and Federation Operators. More specific operational guidance will happen within eduGAIN; REFEDS will promote the high-level guidance for these expectations.
The following terms apply to all REFEDS Working Groups:
- When a working group is agreed, REFEDS Participants will be asked if they wish to participate. Working Groups tend to be small, so consensus can be achieved quickly between participants.
- A chair for the group is chosen from the REFEDS Participants.
- GÉANT provides facilities for the working group, including meeting support, wiki space, mailing lists and, where appropriate, funding.
- An appropriate output from the group is produced. Currently, this is typically a draft white paper or a wiki page.
- When the Working Group is in agreement, the chair shares the outputs with the wider REFEDS community with an open period for discussion and comment. This is typically a period of 4 weeks, but may be longer if appropriate.
- After this period of time, the REFEDS Steering Committee signs off on the work item. Work is either written up as a formal white paper, left on the wiki but promoted as finished work or occasionally submitted as an Internet Draft.
Work items for the group:
- High-level statement for IdPs
- High-level statement for SPs
- High-level statement for Federation Operators
- (Potentially) example implementation plans
- (pre WG meeting) 2020-01-21 Baseline Expectations Meeting
- (pre WG meeting) 2019-11-25 Baseline Expectation Meeting