- Heather Flanagan
- Jon Miner
- Mona Zarei
- Draft specification and best practice guidance
- "Supporting Student's Gender Identity: An IT Perspective" (Educause)
- Consensus review
- eduPersonDisplayPronoun should be a single-valued attribute
- It should be human-readable; machine readability is out of scope
- Multiple languages are at the discretion of the end-user; we will not be including LDAP attribute options to tag language to values
- EQUALITY field will be removed
- Best Practice guidance
- volunteers to write a blog post?
- Discussion and updates to the Best Practice Guidance
the wording around "because this in't a fixed value set, don't index", we want to say it shouldn't even be searchable or query-able. The only thing that should be queryable is whether there is a value at all (but not what the value is).
why is that important?
Should this even be noted as an FAQ or should we identify this as technical advice?
"Implementors are advised not to index on the values, only on the presence."
Do indexing have any implications for institutions that need to do audits? No, it's only a performance related thing.
- Next steps:
- Heather to clean up the text, reordering and getting ready for public review