SWAMID have proposed the introduction of an Entity Category for Library Services with the following parameters.
- Entity-category URI: http://www.swamid.se/category/library-resource
- Definition: The Library resource category applies to services that delivers resources to library users. For instance, a publisher that provides access to published articles is eligible as a candidate for this category. The library resource services are not supposed to get access to name and mail address.
- The expected IdP behaviour is to release eptideduPersonTargetedID, eduPersonScopedAffiliation and eduPersonEntitlement with the specific value “urn
The following issues and proposals have been discussed on the list:
- "Articles" is too narrow a definition. Need something broader to include databases, e-books, other data sets.
- Possibly need to be able to pass a license number to SP when site has multiple licenses?
- Is this the same as R&S? Answer: NO, this is where you do not want to release PII. e.g. to Elsevier.
- The main purpose for this is a category that doesn't release PII (in the US sense)
- How do we deal with overlaps in ECs? Entity Categories should be additive in process. Should we avoid overlaps altogether (this seems sensible).
- Should Entitlement be there? Only if used? What does this add?
- Should ePTId be there? Should this just be affiliation? See: https://community.ja.net/blogs/regulatory-developments/article/legislating-indirectly-linked-identifiers Janet blog entry on pseudonyms.
- "meta-attribute" conversation.
- How does this relate to the InCommon 'Affiliation' based category?
- Do we need a guidance document on how to cope with RequestedAttributes?
- Andrew proposed three step process for selling entity categories to IdPs:
- Here Here <purpose> is why services in these categories are of particular value to your users;
- Here Here <attributes+behaviour/culture> is why releasing to these services is acceptably low risk;
- Here <entity category> is how you can save yourself a lot of individual configuration effort.
Possible division between:
Name: Library Resource Category
Purpose: (see the formal definition of common-lib-terms)
- eduPersonEntitlement=urn:mace:dir:entitlement:common-lib-terms (required)
Name: Affiliation-Based Access Category
Purpose: This service category identifies service providers that
benefit that benefit institutional community members (faculty, staff, students, and
othersand others) based solely on their affiliation with their institution.
- eduPersonScopedAffiliation (required)