European Parlament has approved the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which repeals the Data Protection Directive on 25 May 2018. GEANT project (GN4-2 JRA3 Task 1) is preparing a Data protection Code of Conduct for Service Providers ver 2.0 to address the GDPR and submit it to the European Data Protection Board (the successor of Article 29 working party) for approval.
The goal of the workshop is to
- present the draft GEANT Data Protection Code of Conduct 2.0 for Service Providers and how it adresses the GDPR.
- provide an opportunity for the stakeholders to discuss and present questions on the Code of Conduct to its developers.
The intended audience is
- Research communities and other parties providing services in the research and education sector who would potentially become Service Providers using the Code of Conduct to demonstrate their compliance to the GDPR.
- Research and education federation operators who would potentially integrate the Code of Conduct to their policy framework and technical infrastructure.
- Home Organisations (such as universities or research institutions) who would potentially rely on the Code of Conduct to legitimise their release of personal data to the Service Providers.
- Data subjects (such as, researchers, teachers and students) whose personal data the Code of Conduct would protect.
- The GEANT Data protection Code of Conduct for Service Providers, updated version 23 February 2017 (pdf)
- Informal workshop notes by Hannah Short (pdf)
- Until 22 April 2017
- Please provide your comments in this Google document.
Date and Time
22 February 2017 at 10:30 - 14:30 as a satellite meeting of TIIME workshop.
Technikum Wien, University of Applied Sciences Höchstädtplatz 3, A-1200 Wien, Austria.
The TIIME plenary room HS_F0.01 (entrance at the street level).
For more information on the venue, see the TIIME workshop page.
The workshop is free of charge. The workshop organisers have agreed that the individuals participating only the Code of Conduct workshop need not to pay the TIIME registration fee.
Welcome. History of the GEANT Data Protection Code of Conduct (pdf) (Mikael Linden, GEANT project)
|10:45||GDPR and its implications. GEANT Code of Conduct 2.0. (pdf) (Enrique Gallego Capdevila, DLAPiper)|
|12:30||Lunch break (lunch together with TIIME)|
Please fill the registration form also if you have registered to TIIME.