This group, modeled off of FOG, will provide a forum for Service Providers to discuss deployment issues, identify gaps in existing guidance, and other SP specific concerns.
The following terms apply to all REFEDS Working Groups:
- When a working group is agreed, REFEDS Participants will be asked if they wish to participate. Working Groups tend to be small, so consensus can be achieved quickly between participants.
- A chair for the group is chosen from the REFEDS Participants.
- GÉANT provides facilities for the working group, including meeting support, wiki space, mailing lists and, where appropriate, funding.
- An appropriate output from the group is produced. Currently, this is typically a draft white paper or a wiki page.
- When the Working Group is in agreement, the chair shares the outputs with the wider REFEDS community with an open period for discussion and comment. This is typically a period of 4 weeks, but may be longer if appropriate.
- After this period of time, the REFEDS Steering Committee signs off on the work item. Work is either written up as a formal white paper, left on the wiki but promoted as finished work or occasionally submitted as an Internet Draft.
In addition, members of SPOG must be registered as an SP in at least one federation
Laura Paglione , SCG
Centralizing some of the guidelines
Packaging the material for an SP consumer
No calls are expected; group will participate on the mailing list.
List any internal / external resources that are useful for the group here.