Federation Policy Mapping
This work is picking up on one of the recommendations from the barriers to service providers study to find common clause recommendations for federation policies. It:
- Maps existing policies against content blocks and elements that can appear within those content blocks;
- Provides a visual guide showing which elements are used by which federations;
- Makes recommendations for good practise in federation policy for R&E federations.
- The study will only review federation policies that are available in English and that single document, or close to single document format (not including technical or assurance profiles).
Available here as an excel spreadsheet.
The federation policy mapping work identifies "content blocks" that can be found in federation policy. These blocks are:
A: STUCTURE. GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT HOW YOUR FEDERATION WORKS
- Termination / Dispute Resolution.
- Logging. is this a TOUI/S?
- Data Protection. is this a TOUI/S?
- Audit. is this an operator right/ role?
- Use of Attributes. is this a TOUI/S?
- Operator Rights / Role.
- Interfederation / Publish rights. is this an operator right/ role?
C: LEGAL. ALL THE LEGAL STUFF
- Jurisdiction and Legal.
- Fee schedule.
Eefje van der Harst
Hi Nicole Harris, I noticed that the links on this page to the different 'content blocks' do not work any more. They still refer to pages at refeds.terena.org which should probably be wiki.terena.org