The goal of this working group is to explore the potential development of additional entity categories beyond Research & Scholarship v1 and other additional categories that may arise. Due to the fact that this work is critical to the current mission for REFEDS, the working group does not have a separate list and all messages will be distributed via the main REFEDS list.
The following terms apply to all REFEDS Working Groups:
- When a working group is agreed, REFEDS Participants will be asked if they wish to participate. Working Groups tend to be small, so consensus can be achieved quickly between participants.
- A chair for the group is chosen from the REFEDS Participants.
- GÉANT provides facilities for the working group, including meeting support, wiki space, mailing lists and, where appropriate, funding.
- An appropriate output from the group is produced. Currently, this is typically a draft white paper or a wiki page.
- When the Working Group is in agreement, the chair shares the outputs with the wider REFEDS community with an open period for discussion and comment. This is typically a period of 4 weeks, but may be longer if appropriate.
- After this period of time, the REFEDS Steering Committee signs off on the work item. Work is either written up as a formal white paper, left on the wiki but promoted as finished work or occasionally submitted as an Internet Draft.
Work items for the group:
Development of Research and Scholarship v1.2.
- Development of Research and Scholarship v2.
- Progression of other proposed entity categories: affiliation and academia.
- IdP Categorisation.