Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Call-in Coordinates

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/136789449

One tap mobile
+19292056099,,136789449# US (New York)
+16699006833,,136789449# US (San Jose)

Dial by your location
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 136 789 449
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/aRjU5ChSJ

Join by Skype for Business
https://zoom.us/skype/136789449


Expected Attendees 

Apologies

Agenda

  1. Open Actions
  2. Administrivia
  3. Adopting new schema
    1. isMemberOf and hasMember (http://macedir.org/specs/internet2-mace-dir-ldap-group-membership-200507.html)
  4. Review of Schema Board Work Item Portfolio - Work items 5
    1. Working copy of the eduPerson spec: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Fb8GSDvtW1j-zbf5AyL2vhMlPnI2Uq-Cy486Bypf144/edit#heading=h.4ptksuz1nl5
  5. When / How to release next eduPerson?
    1. See schema-discuss discussion from 2 Oct
    2. In addition to Work Items, what about publishing related AIs? (standard template, migrating historical documents, etc)
  6. voPerson subcommittee status
    1. Moving forward on OID Space Migration (Issue #24) and SAML/OIDC Mapping (Issue #9)
  7. SCHAC and RFC 6338
  8. Creating a standard schema template and updating all REFEDS-managed schemas
    1. Common Guidelines for Schemas (Proposed)
  9. AOB

Notes

  1. Open Actions
    1. Re: the LDIF item, there are several possible ones
      1. https://ldapwiki.com/wiki/LDIF%20Generator
      2. https://github.com/jwilleke/LDIFGenerator
      3. https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2849 <= The LDAP Data Interchange Format (LDIF) - Technical Specification
      4. https://www.switch.ch/aai/docs/LDAP-schemas/ <= eP LDIF
      5. https://www.switch.ch/aai/docs/LDAP-schemas/eduperson-201602.adschema.ldif <= eP LDIF for AD
      6. https://www.switch.ch/aai/docs/LDAP-schemas/eduperson-201602.openldap.ldif <= eP LDIF for OpenLDAP
      7. We need to do some more significant outreach to make sure that all the copies floating around are reasonable and pointing to a proper version that focuses on the most recent version of eduPerson
        • Keith Hazelton will kick off a page that collects links to various LDIF files; schema board will help populate that page
    2. Re: Miro will follow up with Scott via email re: checking if simpleSAMLphp can generate and use the Subject and pairwise ID.
  2. Administrivia
    1. nothing to cover
  3. Adopting new schema
    1. isMemberOf and hasMember (http://macedir.org/specs/internet2-mace-dir-ldap-group-membership-200507.html) - community indicated strong support to take this into the REFEDS community.
      1. Schema board - votes in favor of taking these schema
        • Heather Flanaganto send an update to the discuss list and move a copy of these into GitHub
    2. We need to do a similar inventory of who is pointing or has a copy of the old schema so we can redirect them to the newest version.
    3. What about eduCourse? It is based on the LIS data model; have these two things drifted apart? If we offer to take eduCourse, we will have some work to do.
  4. Review of Schema Board Work Item Portfolio - Work items 5
    1. Working copy of the eduPerson spec: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Fb8GSDvtW1j-zbf5AyL2vhMlPnI2Uq-Cy486Bypf144/edit#heading=h.4ptksuz1nl5
    2. Propose to have this as a discussion (or possibly a working session) during ACAMP; schema board needs to discuss in advance so we aren't entirely open ended at ACAMP (what are we asking for? what outcome do we want to reach?)
    3. Most of the existing SAML-specific language is in ePTID, which is being deprecated.
    4. Worth noting that voPerson is aiming for protocol agnostic, and will have separate documents with more specific guidance for a given protocol. That could be a future target for the eduPerson spec. First step is to submit a proposal for this direction to the Schema Board. If it has support, then can consider doing the work
      • Benjamin Oshrinto send a proposal re: how to split out protocol specific info from the eduPerson spec
  5. When / How to release next eduPerson?
    1. See schema-discuss discussion from 2 Oct
    2. In addition to Work Items, what about publishing related AIs? (standard template, migrating historical documents, etc) Should we publish using the 'old' methodology, or using the new template we've been talking about? We don't have any more wordsmithing to do.
    3. Note that the actual specification hasn't changed; what's changed are notes and clarifying text.
      • Heather Flanagan to create the new copy of eduPerson with the revised notes and send email to the board to approve it for starting a comment period with the community
  6. voPerson subcommittee status
    1. Moving forward on OID Space Migration (Issue #24) and SAML/OIDC Mapping (Issue #9)
  7. SCHAC and RFC 6338
    1. the RFC that registers SCHAC needs to be updated
  8. Creating a standard schema template and updating all REFEDS-managed schemas
    1. Common Guidelines for Schemas (Proposed)
    2. This still seems to be fairly LDAP-centric; suggest considering how to revise the language to make it less (or not) LDAP-centric. Committee members to offer comments and/or changes to the wiki page. Heather will add this to the top of the agenda for the next call.
  9. AOB
    1. REFEDS in December (Heather & Benn) - currently in the working group updates, so consider this perhaps a 10 minute slot
      1. Items to cover: eduPerson update; the additional schema coming in; Board participation; General Participation