, 15:30 CEST, via VC.
- http://lifesizecloud.com/3482420 (Room REFEDS2).
- Connecting from a Lifesize conference room system? Just dial 3482420 with the keypad.
- Call in by phone: United States: +1-844-572-5683 extension 3482420.
- Additional numbers:: https://manage.lifesizecloud.com/#/numbers.
126.96.36.199; 3482420; (188.8.131.52##3482420).
- Hannah Short
- Nick Roy
- Miroslav Milinovic
- Thomas Lenggenhager
- Steven Carmody
- Laura Paglione
- Scott Koranda
- Florence Hudson
- Licia Florio
- Rhys Smith
- Niels van Dijk
- Arnout Terpstra
- To review the change proposals submitted via the Research and Scholarship Consultation and agree to accept or reject proposals.
- To agree if consensus was reached and if response to the consultation was appropriate.
|Welcomes, can you hear me now?||Nicole||Nicole gave a brief introduction and explained the process for considering each of the change requests on the wiki.|
|30 - 40 mins||Review of change requests||Nicole|
The change requests were reviewed and updated on the consultation page. Entity Category Consultation: Research and Scholarship 2.
Actions from the change requests are shown below.
Attendees on the call were happy that consensus had been reached on implementing a clarification and publishing R&S v1.3 subject to the minor clarifications discussed on the call.
Nicole explained that the next step was to take the new proposal to the REFEDS Steering Committee for approval.
- Change text in section 7 to: "...release all required attributes in the bundle defined in Section 5 to all R&S Service Providers, either automatically or subject to user consent or notification, without administrative involvement by any party."
- Change text in section 1 to: "Identity Providers may indicate support for Service Providers in this category (self-assertion is the typical approach used by this is not the only acceptable method)"
- Change text in section 4.1 to: "The service enhances the research and scholarship activities of some subset of the user community."
- Change text in section 4.3.3 to: "4.3.3 The Service Provider provides an mdui:DisplayName and mdui:InformationURL in metadata (an english language version xml:lang="en" is strongly recommended)."
- Update the FAQ to include the following: clarity on use of both EPPN and EPTID, comments on multi-valued attributes, information that clarifies that there may be barriers (consent, absence of information in IDM systems) that means all attributes will not be delivered.
- Add wording clarification "In possessing the Entity Category Attribute with the above value, a Service Provider claims that it will not use attributes for purposes that fall outside of the service definition, *as presented at the time of registration to its users and referred to in metadata.*"