Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Attendees:

Regrets

Agenda

  1. Open Actions
  2. Administrivia
  3. SCHAC 1.6.0 Consultation status
  4. eduPersonDisplayPronoun - ready for consultation
    1. Any other changes to eduPerson at this time?
  5. Subcommittee status
    1. voPerson
  6. REFEDS Community Chat re: splitting of the eduPerson spec? (was: Status of splitting the eduPerson spec into core and supplemental)
    1. Splitting Protocols From Schema Documents
      1. eduPerson 2021-11 minus SAML bits 
      2. The SAML profile for eduPerson attributes: http://docs.oasis-open.org/security/saml/Post2.0/sstc-saml-attribute-x500-cs-01.html
  7. AOB

Notes

  1. Open Actions
    1. the SCHAC 1.5.0 update is OBE; Benn and Heather will work on the 1.6.0 LDAP doc at the conclusion of the consultation
    2. Protocol split AI: the attribute dictionary and terminology is only of real interest to schema fanatics, and wouldn't help consumers. Instead, they committed to creating a version of eduPerson without the SAML bits.  Alan did some edits; Keith will review.
    3. 6558bis - need to transfer that AI to Heather
  2. Administrivia
    1. embedded in other topics
  3. SCHAC 1.6.0 Consultation status
    1. 3 comments so far; will address these and anything else that comes up in our May call
  4. eduPersonDisplayPronoun - ready for consultation
    1. Any other changes to eduPerson at this time? Suggest we do NOT merge this consultation with any other changes for eduPerson
      1. What about the "future deprecation" of eduPersonTargetedID? Is there any tie-in between that and how the SAML identifiers are being deployed?
      2. What does deprecation mean? It means that the Schema Board will no longer give it any further attention, it will not evolve to meet future needs. It is also the flag to our community that this needs to start changing and new deployments should not use it. We should include this definition in the SCHAC schema regarding the deprecation of
    2. Plan is: go ahead with the consultation for eduPersonDisplayPronoun, create a white paper for why we think the spec should be split from the protocol, then do the consultation that restructures eduPerson and deprecates eduPersonTargetedID
  5. Subcommittee status
    1. voPerson - Need to follow up with Nikolas and Christos re: https://github.com/voperson/voperson/issues/40 (Heather has sent a note on slack). Other than that, it's ready to be moved.
  6. REFEDS Community Chat re: splitting of the eduPerson spec? (was: Status of splitting the eduPerson spec into core and supplemental)
    1. Splitting Protocols From Schema Documents
      1. eduPerson 2021-11 minus SAML bits 
      2. The SAML profile for eduPerson attributes: http://docs.oasis-open.org/security/saml/Post2.0/sstc-saml-attribute-x500-cs-01.html
    2. Heather, Benn, and Keith will host a REFEDS Community Chat on 19 May 2022 to discuss the schema split; Heather will also send a second calendar invite so we can create the documentation for the slide deck
  7. AOB
  • No labels